While refractories are the materials which withstand the thermal, mechanical and chemical environments of a process, it is up to the insulation materials to minimize heat losses by introducing very high thermal resistance to the system and thus reduce fuel consumption. In an age of ever-growing need for environment conservation, the significance of quality insulation materials is higher than ever before.
We are able to supply you with insulation materials produced by us and some of the largest manufacturers in the world, with their thermal conductivity values ranging from 0,5 W/mK all the way to 0,02 W/mK, for all your industrial applications and needs.
- Our product portfolio comprises of the following categories:
- Insulating castables / gunning materials based on Alumina (Al2O3) (Our MAT (G) line of materials)
- Insulating firebricks based on Alumina (Al2O3) ranging from Group 23 to Group 32 (as per ASTM C 155) / 125-0.5-L to 170.1.2-L (as per ISO 2245)
- Insulating firebricks based on Perlite with maximum service temperatures ranging from 900oC to 1050 oC / 85-L to 100-L (as per ISO 2245)
- Ceramic & High Temperature Soluble Insulation Fibers with maximum service temperatures ranging from 1260oC to 1430oC. They can be supplied in the form of:
- blanket rolls with thicknesses of 13, 25, 38 and 50 mm
- papers rolls with thicknesses of 1 to 10 mm
- loose bulk fibers
- boards with thicknesses of 6, 10, 13, 25 and 50 mm
- Calcium Silicate boards with maximum service temperatures ranging from 950oC to 1050oC. They can be supplied in a wide variety of thicknesses, shapes and forms such as pipe sleeves
- Special Calcium Silicate boards with properties tailored specifically for certain applications (load bearing applications – high crushing strength, contact with molten metals etc.)
- Microporous insulation boards with extremely low thermal conductivity values (extremely high thermal resistance) ranging from 0,04 to 0,02 W/mK
- Mineral fiber insulation, with maximum service temperatures ranging from 700oC to 800oC, usually used as outside insulation. They can be supplied in the form of:
- blanket rolls with typical thicknesses of 30 to 120 mm. They can be supplied with wiremesh from stainless or galvanized steel, or faced with reinforced aluminum foil
- boards with thicknesses of 30 to 100 mm
- loose bulk fibers
Be sure to browse our webpages dedicated to each industrial sector and application, and download our catalogue here for more detailed information.
Being the sole high temperature thermal conductivity measurement apparatus owner in Greece, when buying insulating materials from Mathios Refractories you can rest assured that each and every batch is strictly controlled and its properties are exactly the ones you need, meaning you are getting what you are paying for.
Apart from supplying you with insulation materials, our engineering team can help you choose the optimum combination of material qualities and thicknesses so as to maximize your installation’s thermal resistance value (minimize the thermal conductivity) and thus minimize heat losses. Conserve your funds and assets instead of wasting them on excessive thermal losses and unnecessary fuel consumption. Contact us today and start enjoying the benefits of professional thermal engineering services.